My guy and I are spending a wonderful weekend in the little coastal town of Paternoster on the West Coast in Cape Town, South Africa. Check out my photography blog, www.nicolehenriques.wordpress.com as I will be writing about our weekend soon.
The little place that we are staying at, La Mer, is on the beach. The tranquility of the village with its white buildings and wide stoeps adds so much charm. My favorite place however is on our balcony, as it has a view of the ocean. Let me simply inform you that I LOVE the beach.
The image below is of our view, I took it with Instagram. Follow me @nicolehenriques if you are keen to see a glimpse into my daily life as I share images of items and events that make me happy.
As I sat and watched the waves, seagulls and people interacting on the beach, I recalled this elegant beach party post that I saw on the pretty blog, these ladies are awesome. Although it was designed for adults, the decor on the table can be changed to reflect little ones characters more.
- Simply get a piece of white material from your local material shop. Make sure it is long and wide enough.
- Four poles to place in the corners of your tent. Make sure they go deep into the sand so that the tent does not collapse during the party.
- Pretty rocks or something to keep the ends from flapping.
- Have an old door off it’s hinges? Why not paint it white and use it as a table top.
- Old crates, painted white too, to serve as the legs.
- Scattered cushions as seats.
The picnic box:
- White medium sized crate with holes drilled in for the rope handles.
- Go green and fill with bio-degradable paper plate and cup as well as wooden cutlery. After the party it can all be disposed of in the nearest dirt bin. *Do your little bit for our environment.